Larisa Begić has more than 15 years of successful work as piano professor and currently teaches piano at Primary Music School Ilidza.
She graduated piano study at Music Academy, University of Sarajevo (Piano Performance and Teaching).
Also specialized music therapy at Royal College of Music in Stockholm.
She holds ABRSM Certificate Southeast Europe Instructor.
During her teaching career she frequently participates in piano master classes and seminars and was a jury member on national piano competitions. Her students are recipients of numerous awards at national and international competitions, some of them are:
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, 2.category, III Internacionalni festival muzike “Primavera”, Etno selo “Stanišići”, Bijeljina, 2018.
- First prize – Piano solo, 3.category, 10th International Piano Competition “Slavenski”, Novi Sad, Serbia 2017.
- Special Award for Best Performance, 10th International Piano Competition “Slavenski”, Novi Sad, Serbia 2017.
- First prize – Piano solo, 3.category, 6th International Music Competition Fantast 2017., Serbia.
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, 2.category, Brotnjo – Čitluk, 2017.
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, 2.category, Canton Sarajevo Competition, 2017.
- First prize – Piano solo, Pre-category, II Internacionalni festival muzike “Primavera”, Stanišići 2017.
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, 1.category, The Fifth International Piano Competition “Banjaluka Biennale 2016”.
- First prize – Discipline Piano four hands, 1.category, Sarajevo 2015.
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, Pre-category, Sarajevo 2014.
- Special prize – Discipline Wind instruments /duo clarinet-piano, cooperation with college E.Bahtić/, Sarajevo 2012.
- First prize – Discipline Piano solo, 1.category, Tuzla 2011.
- Three First prizes at Discipline Piano solo, Sarajevo 2008.
- First prize – Discipline Piano four hands, 2.category, Livno 2006.
- First prize – Discipline Piano four hands, 3.category, Livno 2006.
She is very proud of success of her numerous students, some of whom are now distinguished piano students themselves at university level or even working colleges.
She was also lecturer at Music Academy, University of Sarajevo, at subject Introduction to Music Therapy (2008/2009).
She worked part time as music therapist in Pavarotti Music Centre Mostar and NGO Musers (2003-2007) and ran a number of music therapy projects (some of which are: project at the Pediatric Clinic- Clinical center of Sarajevo University; Salakovac Refugee Camp, Mostar; Rehabilitation center for children with special needs Sveta obitelj, Caritas, Mostar and Rakovica Refugee Camp, Sarajevo).
She regularly participates at music therapy seminars, workshops and congress, some of are:
– The 6th European Music Therapy Congress in Jyväskylä, Finland 2004.
– Lecturer at International seminar organized by European Association of Music Therapy Students, Sarajevo 2004.
– Yugoslav Music Therapy Association Deep Sound Therapy seminar/workshop, held at Institute of psychiatry- Belgrade, Clinical Centre of Serbia 2005.
– Lecturer at Seminar for music teachers organized by Ministry for Education, Science and Youth of the Sarajevo Canton and Educional Institute of Sarajevo Canton, 2005.
– Speaker at International seminar organized by Association of Music Pedagogues in Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Trogir, Croatia 2008. Subject Introduction to Music Therapy;
– Speaker at Scuola di musicoterapia “Giovanni Ferrari”, Padova, Italy 2008.;
– Speaker at Seminar organized by Association of Teachers in Sarajevo Canton, Dubrovnik, Croatia 2018.